100% Free & Secure Case Evaluations
Answer a brief online questionnaire about symptoms
Receive a free, private, no-obligation case review
Have a claim for compensation filed in a court of law
Better Homes and Gardens® Aromatherapy Spray Recall Victims Suffering from Melioidosis
Melioidosis — otherwise known as Whitmore’s disease — is an infection caused by a bacterium called Burkholderia pseudomallei.
This disease is spread to humans and animals after direct contact with contaminated soil or liquids.
Melioidosis can be confused with other diseases such as tuberculosis or modern types of pneumonia — and its symptoms can display in local, pulmonary, bloodstream, or disseminated sources.
Those with melioidosis exhibit symptoms that may include:
- High fever
- Chest pain
- Abdominal discomfort
- Joint pain
- Respiratory distress
- Central nervous system/brain infection
While the typical time between exposure to the emergence of symptoms is two to four weeks, it can range from 24 hours to many years.
Those consumers who have contacted the recalled aromatherapy sprays and are suffering a melioidosis infection should seek immediate medical treatment — typically intravenous and/or oral antimicrobial therapies.
Specific Info About Better Homes and Gardens® Aromatherapy Spray Recall
Products Recalled: Better Homes & Gardens® brand Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Room Spray With Gemstones in six scents:
- Lavender & Chamomile (84140411420)
- Lemon & Mandarin (84140411421)
- Lavender (84140411422)
- Peppermint (84140411423)
- Lime & Eucalyptus (84140411424)
- Sandalwood & Vanilla (84140411425)
The Problem: The products could be contaminated with a bacterium called Burkholderia pseudomallei.
The Fix: Consumers should immediately cease using the product and follow these steps carefully.
- Don’t open the bottle and don’t attempt to dispose of the bottle.
- Using clean, clear zip-top resealable bags, double-bag the bottle and place in a small cardboard box.
- Return the double-bagged and boxed product to a Walmart store.
- Wash, or even bleach, sheets or linens that the product may have contacted using normal laundry detergent and dry completely in a hot dryer.
- Spray and wipe down counters and surfaces that might have contacted the spray with an undiluted disinfectant cleaner.
- After minimal handling of the product or linens, wash hands thoroughly. If wearing gloves, wash hands thoroughly after removing the gloves.
- If you have used the product within the past 21 days and experience fever or other symptoms of melioidosis (including pain, swelling, an abscess, chest or stomach pain, cough, headache, joint pain, and disorientation), seek medical care and tell your doctor about the product exposure. Your doctor may recommend that you get antibiotics (post-exposure prophylaxis) to prevent infection.
Please seek the advice of a medical professional before making health care decisions. This advertisement is not associated with Better Home & Garden® or any government agency.
www.consumerjusticeaction.com is the property of Shield Legal LLC. 1530 Faraday Ave, Suite 200 Carlsbad, CA 92008
This website is not part of the Facebook website or Facebook, Inc. Additionally, this site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK, INC.
ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. This Website is not intended to provide medical advice. Consult your doctor or physician before starting or stopping any medication.
Discontinuing a prescribed medication without your doctor’s advice can result in injury or death. are not an indication of future results. Every case is evaluated on its own facts and circumstances. Valuation depends on facts, injuries, jurisdiction, venue, witnesses, parties, and testimony, among other factors. No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Consumer Justice Action does not itself provide legal services. Cases will be referred to third party attorneys and law firms. Do not rely on this advertisement in making any medical decision. Please call your physician before making any medical decision, including altering your use of any drug. Court costs and case expenses may be the responsibility of the client. Not available in all states. This advertisement is not intended as a testimonial, endorsement or dramatization, and does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter, either expressed or implied. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyers' credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13("Children").
© 2021 Consumer Justice Action. All Rights Reserved