Time is Limited - Act Now
A Summary of the Storm Leading Up To Hurricane Ida Damage Claims
Hurricane Ida made landfall on the afternoon of August 29, 2021, causing extreme flooding and extensive structural damage to homes and properties along its path across Louisiana’s coastal towns and cities, including Houma, Golden Meadow, Grand Isle, LaPlace, Galliano, and many others.
After 2005’s devastating Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Ida is the second strongest hurricane to hit Louisiana–including 150 mph winds that caused catastrophic damage, ripping roofs off of homes and businesses.
Other details of Hurricane Ida damage reported by residents include:
- The most severe structural damage was found in Houma, Galliano, and Jefferson Parish
- Millions of residents in New Orleans and the French Quarter were left powerless
- Most levees held up, except for several smaller ones that spilled over for rampant flooding
Millions of residents then turned to their homeowner’s policy and flood insurance policy to help them repair, rebuild, or relocate.
What To Do To Prepare To File Hurricane Damage Claims
Here is a list of things to do that will help prepare to file a claim for hurricane damage with the insurance company:
- Know and understand the home insurance policy. This includes details such as deductibles, covered property, and who and how to file a claim for compensation in the event of a storm.
- Consider adding a flood insurance plan to the policy. There are many coastal states that don’t include flood insurance as part of a standard homeowners insurance policy–it’s always best to add one to be safe.
- Collect and document photo and video damage evidence. This will show irrefutable evidence of damage to home and property to the insurance company along with the claim.
- Make essential, temporary–but not permanent–repairs. Make repairs that prevent additional damage from occurring, but don’t make the major repairs until the insurance adjuster says it’s ok to do so.
- File a homeowners insurance claim after the storm. After consulting with a qualified attorney, always file a claim as soon as possible to avoid the rush–make sure to include everything in your claim as required by your home state.
We believe that victims of hurricanes and their families should be able to get the compensation and justice they deserve from big insurance companies that resist the payouts that they owe.
Our network of attorneys are ready to support you.
IS THERE A CASE?
Answer a brief, private online questionnaire that asks for key details of the experience
Have the case evaluated by a legal team free of charge without any obligation to file
GET STARTED NOW
Depending on the circumstances, the case could be filed for potential compensation
Please seek the advice of a medical professional before making health care decisions. This advertisement is not associated with any government agency.
www.consumerjusticeaction.com is the property of Shield Legal LLC. 1530 Faraday Ave, Suite 200 Carlsbad, CA 92008
This website is not part of the Facebook website or Facebook, Inc. Additionally, this site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK, INC.
ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. This Website is not intended to provide medical advice. Consult your doctor or physician before starting or stopping any medication.
Discontinuing a prescribed medication without your doctor’s advice can result in injury or death. are not an indication of future results. Every case is evaluated on its own facts and circumstances. Valuation depends on facts, injuries, jurisdiction, venue, witnesses, parties, and testimony, among other factors. No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Consumer Justice Action does not itself provide legal services. Cases will be referred to third party attorneys and law firms. Do not rely on this advertisement in making any medical decision. Please call your physician before making any medical decision, including altering your use of any drug. Court costs and case expenses may be the responsibility of the client. Not available in all states. This advertisement is not intended as a testimonial, endorsement or dramatization, and does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter, either expressed or implied. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyers' credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13("Children").
© 2021 Consumer Justice Action. All Rights Reserved